CCTV Camera Types
There are various types of CCTV cameras designed to meet specific surveillance needs. Here are some common types of CCTV cameras:
1. Dome Camera: Dome-shaped cameras are often used in indoor security systems. They are discreet and less intrusive, making them suitable for retail stores, offices, and other indoor environments.
2. Bullet Camera: Bullet cameras have a cylindrical and elongated shape. They are typically used for outdoor surveillance and have a more visible presence, acting as a deterrent. Bullet cameras are suitable for long-distance viewing.
3. Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) Camera: PTZ cameras can pan, tilt, and zoom to provide comprehensive coverage. These cameras can be controlled remotely, making them suitable for monitoring large areas. They are often used in areas where active surveillance is required.
4. IP Camera: IP cameras are digital cameras that can transmit data over an IP network. They are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use and can be accessed remotely via the internet.
5. Infrared (IR) Camera: Infrared cameras are equipped with infrared LEDs that allow them to capture images in low light or complete darkness. They are commonly used for nighttime surveillance.
Choosing the right type of CCTV camera depends on factors such as the intended use, environmental conditions, and specific surveillance requirements.